Managing Director at Techstars
Co-Founder of Product Collective and Organizer of INDUSTRY
Life's Too Short to Build Something Nobody Wants
We're building more products today than ever before, but most of them fail—not because we can't complete what we want to build but because we waste time, money, and effort building the wrong product. What we need is a systematic process for quickly vetting product ideas and raising our odds of success. That's the promise of Running Lean.
In this inspiring book, Ash Maurya takes you through an exacting strategy for achieving product/market fit for your fledgling venture. You'll learn ideas and concepts from several innovative methodologies, including the Lean Startup, business model design, design thinking, and jobs-to-be-done. This new edition introduces the continuous innovation framework and follows one entrepreneur's journey from initial vision to a business model that works.
CEO, VRM-Switzerland (VRMotion Ltd.)
Lead Business Design, Liip
What You'll Learn
This book walks you through the step-by-step process of designing, validating, and growing an idea. You'll learn how to:
- Deconstruct your idea using a one-page Lean Canvas
- Stress-test your idea for desirability, viability, and feasibility
- Define key milestones charted on a traction roadmap
- Maximize your team’s efforts for speed, learning, and focus
- Prioritize the right actions at the right time
- Learn how to conduct effective customer interviews
- Engage your customers throughout the development cycle
- Continually test your product with smaller, faster iterations
- Find a repeatable and scalable business model
Author of Growth Hacking
EVP at Portage Cybertech and Author of Lean Entrepreneurship
Who's it for?
The principles covered in this book can be applied to launching a new product either at a startup or a large company. While tactics may vary, the principles are universal.
Running Lean is for:
- Aspiring and serial entrepreneurs
- Coporate innovators and intrapreneurs
- Product managers
- Makers and visionaries who want to level up and build the next generation of products that matter
Marco De Polo
Global Head Growth Acceleration & Open Innovation, Roche
About the Author
Ash Maurya is the creator of the one-page business modeling tool Lean Canvas and the founder of LEANSTACK. He's been praised for offering some of the best and most practical advice for entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs throughout the world. Driven by the search for better and faster ways for building successful products, Ash has developed practical tools and a step-by-step playbook for raising the odds of success for early-stage products. These tools and playbooks are widely used and taught by universities, corporates, and startup accelerators.
Author of Demand-side Sales and CEO, Rewired Group
Author of Growth Hacking for Dummies
Help Spread the Word
This book is the product of 10 years of rigorous testing, hundreds of product case studies, and thousands of iterations. I’m excited to share it with you. And hope you share it with others too:http://runlean.ly/3e